PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR S-92 Missing Ireland
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2017, 13:35
pumaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Totally agree Maclovin, in the 2009 accident the Super Puma was witnessed by the crew of a Norwegian PSV Normand Aurora and recovered by the DSV Bobby Topaz with DP2 built in 2004 purpose built for heavy construction offshore, I think it is about time now to bring in the experts it is taking to long as the vessel involved at the moment the Granuaille is 18 years old and has only DP 1 she does have a mon pool for diving operations and is not equipped to carry this operation out I also agree with Maclovin with regards to Sat Divers can work at longer periods in a safer condition and are used to working at deeper depths with changing currents, the authorities should now be looking to draft much more capable equipment to recover the R116 and the 2 missing crews if they are still in in the wreckage, the operation is taking to long and is also disrespectful for the families of the missing crews members, there is also the question if R116 did suffer a technical fault then what about the remaining S-92's that are still flying this has to be solved quickly as the longer the airframe remains in the water then any evidence of technical fault that was there may not there due to salt water corrosion and tidal currents.

Last edited by pumaboy; 31st Mar 2017 at 17:17.