PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 152 Take off Procedure
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2017, 11:50
mkqq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cessna 152 Take off Procedure

Hi all,

I'm suddenly confused by something that I thought I knew all these years. I'm asking now as tomorrow I will be doing my first introductory flight in a Cessna 152.

When rotating to take off, I've always thought that you would pull the yoke back until the plane reaches a certain angle of attach (say 15º), and then slowly release the yoke back to its center position, and the plane will climb at the 15ºC angle.

I thought that if I continue to hold the yoke back, the plane's nose would keep on rising and either stall, or flip over on itself backwards.

The same applies to turning, i.e. I thought you would turn the yoke until a certain bank angle is reached, release the yoke back into the centre position, and the plane would keep on turning at that angle. If you continue to hold the yoke at that angle, the plane would completely roll over.

But I just realise I may be wrong from watching Youtube videos? It seems during take off, one will need to continue to hold the yoke back for the plane to climb, unless pitch trim is used.

I am totally confused now and nervous about my flight tomorrow.

Could someone please clarify?

Many thanks