PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mapping aptitude scores to competence/employabilty
Old 31st Mar 2017, 03:25
gbotley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JF0RC3,

Talk about changing the topic,

I appreciate your view, but payment does not come in to it anywhere, neither does it for any other cadet that bothers to write them. I have never believed in doing it for self promotion of any description and many of the posts are there to help people answer questions that are seldom answered in respect of training costs and experience. Other posts I write are there for my family just as much as they are prospective trainees!

Furthermore, saying I provide an unbalanced view of CTC is wrong, I just understand the concept of libel. Even so, the vast majority of my experience to date has been relatively positive and it's very much a "get out what you put in" environment. In respect of your statement regarding the hold pool, I suggest you reserve such a comment until you know me for this has never, ever, been my intention. I do not actively seek self-promotion, my blog has never been shared by CTC's marketing team and nor have I ever requested such. At the end of the day, I simply enjoy helping others and if an airline looks upon that favourably (of which one already has) then that's their choice.

Back to the topic, I appreciate that paper may well be bias it's just a good read in terms of gauging what FTOs are looking that's all.

Last edited by gbotley; 31st Mar 2017 at 12:58.