PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways (HELP)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2003, 21:21
GASH BAG AIRWAYS

ROCKBOY/BABOY

I agree 110% with you guys, i have total admiration for the poor soles in crew control they are there 24/7 and yeah you are right they are faced everymonth with a 40 gone sort it out....there are flights to cover....what about ops....for god sake..our airline has one of the newest fleet in the industry i think 320 less than 2 years and 321 less than 3 ......and how many times do these planes go tech???????? they are tech more often than our old battered 737's.........

Gone are the days where a sby for clearly a day off...what about the TAS aint seen one of those for a few years now as for a NON OP well aint ever seen one.....i get sbys as short as 2 hours clearly taking the piss....these days we are scheduled/rostered on our limits.....minimum rests most days and yellow perriled every other day........i just got my sept rosta and already i have had about 6 changes......

Cabin Services are only interested in getting bums on seats like most of the rest of management.......what about those gpm/gb surveys??? they must be taking the piss...apparently the purser at BA gets extra commission/allowance for doing them....was told that by one of our union reps........also the company say we need to compete with charter thats why we have to do a full meal service rather than the BA Deli Bag....they are such hypcorites or should i say tight.......well if we have to compete with charter maybe the start of that would be having IFE at the end of the day thats clearly one advantage above us adn a good oen too......the amount of times they make a fuss for only doing one tea and coffee rather than the standard two.....i just have to laugh really

I recently did a LGW/GRO/LGW ........full A320 15 Club 142 Eurotraveller ....... 1hr 35 o/b 1hr 30 i/b god not even cattle get fed and watered as fast as we had too...we where 4 crew at the back 1 at the front......took over 30 minutes for drinks......then you have to take meals out then TWO tea and coffee whilst pax are still shovelling their meals....then clear in and then tax frees....the SURVEYS BUY HAND (you must be joking) what kind of service is this???? and remembering that now we have to check the bars against the cif exactly...... that in itself takes about 20 minutes (if done correctly) OH AND ONE MORE THING THOSE CALL BELLS OH AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TOILET CHECKS EVERY 20 MINUTES......so tell me........where do we get the time to do all this??????.....

OUR MAIN FUNCTION IS FOR PAX SAFETY BUT THERE IS SO MUCH PRESSURE TO COMPETE WITH OTHER AIRLINES I THINK THAT SAFETY IS UNDERMINDED IN TRYING TO DELIVER A GOOD SERVICE......WE ARE SO BUSY WITH THE SERVICE AND SO TIED DOWN AND RUSHED OF OUR FEET THAT WE HAVE NO TIME TO CHECK EITHER THE WELL BEING OF OUR PAX OR SAFETY OF OUR AIRCRAFT......AND THAT SCARES ME.......

I don't think our union is strong at all...at GB the most appropriate thing would be a cabin crew forum with representatives rather than the current union cause it aint working ....i am sure we could achieve much more like that and in a civilised manner....

Well guys i can't wait to fly with you....it would be such a laugh......

SIGNING OFF