PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR S-92 Missing Ireland
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2017, 14:21
snakepit

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by roscoe1
All the talk about NVG's is well and good but I'm more concerned about the comments that , 1. there may not have been a moving map display in the cockpit and 2. the rock they hit might not have been in the data base even if they had #1. Is there any definitive information on either of these things? Both seem unimaginably sad and unfortunate to me if there is truth to either one. Did I miss something?
From my post 295

Question - were the 4 aircraft that were transferred from the CHC UK Interim SAR contract also updated to have EuroNav? When they served the contract in the UK they were not fitted with EuroNav in the front so there may be a difference in aircraft modification states across the fleet. The lack of mapping in the front of 4 of the 5 aircraft might mean slightly different procedures are required depending upon which aircraft the crews are in.

There has been no reply and I can understand the reason why Roscoe 1.

The RTE article that mentions the lack of Blackrock in the EGPWS, also claims the aircraft were fitted with Euronav in the front? But I believe they were just recycling the same information from the article about the kit on the one S92A that came direct from Sikorsky for the contract (they even use the same pictures). Of course the 4 ex Interim SAR S92As from the UK could have been modified post export to Ireland, but if not then they did not have digital mapping in the cockpit.