PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR S-92 Missing Ireland
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2017, 13:32
pumaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to get in heated argument here there is a time and place for this, my point was getting the job done as quickly as possible with the right tools for the recovery of R116 but it is taking far too long after 3 weeks were still no nearer in the recovery of the wreckage, there may will be evidence on the wreckage the longer it stay's done there the more quickly it is going to disappear, I totally agree with Maclovin here with regards to Navy divers and Commercial divers and fully support him on this subject, there is a time. And place for Navy divers they are not experts in recovering downed helicopters and this is not the time for them at the moment, Commercial divers have recovered many downed helicopters in the North Sea and of the coast of Sumburgh where the environment was as challenging and hostile with rocky surfaces and it did not take 3 weeks to recover. As far as I'm aware there are far more capable DSV's in the offshore industry capable of lifting R116 in far more efficient time with the right tools for the job, time is running out and families patience must be running out the longer they wait.

Now the news has come that there is a further delay in the recovery operation earliest the weekend.

Last edited by pumaboy; 30th Mar 2017 at 13:54.