PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HMRC tax investigations into UK (FR / Bfield) pilots
Old 30th Mar 2017, 12:15
AgainstTheMachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyflyer - thanks, I will pm you as soon as I am able and glad to hear your investigation didn't see you with a huge sum due.

Gearlever - I have read about the dutch pilot. I would like to think that if similar UK cases went to court the judge would agree that pilots are not 'self employed' and then the case should be addressed to Ryanair as the 'employer' Ryanair have run disguised / bogus employment for years.

Avenger - thanks for the link, I have experienced the sleaze of Brookfield first hand.

I agreed to an initial meeting with HMRC having received (quite a threatening) letter re tax avoidance, from fraud squad etc etc. I had an initial meeting with HMRC and now see that they are, indeed, going after the individuals for any amount possible..... they don't have the cojones to take this to the real criminal....

If anybody is in a similar position I would certainly like to hear from them.

Should anyone feel the need to post something negative, please don't. I am simply here to find others.