PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2017, 09:02
Yesse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay away

Originally Posted by ATH
Hi folks, this is my first post here. I am an unemployed brazilian ATR captain and I were invited to join VNA. Is there any VNA's ATR pilot in here or others VNA's pilot that could tells me some infos about being an ATR pilot in Vietnam? Thanks a lot!!

My friend, stay away. They will nationalize the company only for locals, or expat with no experience who are paying 100.000 USD for the training here. If u don't fly A350 or 787, stay away, there is not future for expat in this company, doesn't matter what the agencies are saying, they need only TRE, TRI and LTC to train the 200 local cadets plus the 150 rich expat cadets paying 100.000 usd for the training.

After no more than 3 years, all expat will be fired, including the Captains and TRE, TRI and LTC joining now. If you don't have more options, ok, but i recomend you to find something better... This is not worthy. They are firing now all senior FO's in the middle in the contract, next will be the Captains, when the actual local FO's flying already become Captains, and when the 200 local cadets are released, covering the empty space of those locals FO's who were upgraded. The ATR will be flying VNA maybe one more year... I have been told in the office today, for a very very good local friend, so i am looking for another options right now. Good luck guys!!