PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kuwait Airways Recruitment (KU) all you need to know about it
Old 30th Mar 2017, 08:21
Kim Skywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kuwait Airways Recruitment

I'm currently flying on the B777 fleet. The company is in need of pilots and they are sincerely "trying" to change the culture. I have to agree with what some of the posts say. Yes there are no expat upgrades to Captain however that might change, note I use the word "might".

Living here as an expat is strange though, you're either socially accepted or you just make do. If you come here from the "civilized world" like one post put it, you most definitely will be out of sorts.

A lot of pilots come here because they won't be accepted in other companies and after they get here they behave like they are the "best in the world", if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

The 3 year bond or $60,000 default is a JOKE but you either take it or leave it. (The LAW prohibits a 5 year bond so look into that before you sign anything)

The company offers a comprehensive health plan for the pilot and family of the pilot.

The school allowance is a joke? but if you work for a company which offers you better why come here?

The housing allowance is fair and you can find something decent within the price range offered.

No "nightlife" meaning, no bars or pubs, no nightclubs/lounges or strip joints, no organized prostitution clubs like "Cyclone" in Dubai.
In Kuwait, it is all about FAMILY so bring yours along and enjoy the numerous restaurants and decent indoor malls.

With regards to the "arsehole" pilots, I would like to think everyone airline has that, I'm assuming here so please don't quote me.

Previous post information about pay is somewhat correct. If you're a type rated pilot looking to build your hours and save some money so you can move on most definitely apply for a job. KU is currently hiring pilots on the B777, A330 and A320 so you can directly contact:

[email protected]

Good luck, and if you happen to get the job, DO YOUR JOB, keep your head down build your hours and if you see no future MOVE ON!

P.S. They hire female pilots!