PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2017, 08:06
ATNotts

Received 296 Likes on 166 Posts
What on earth has happened to BHX - China? The China summer charters are dead and buried and Hainan are now rumoured to be going daily at MAN. BHX appears to have well and truly lost the race to get a non-London airport to China flight - I thought this was one of BHX management priorities, particularly given the amount of Chinese business investment in the Midlands? I'm sure they are still 'working' hard on it but EDI appears to have leap-frogged us in the queue!
We don't know what's happening, since negotiations will, or at least ought to be private.

EDI as you say is no real surprise, though so far as I'm aware it hasn't been announced by either the airline, or the airport. If ever there was a benefit to devolution it is the raising in profile of Scotland's capital city, probably to the detriment of Glasgow which now finds itself in a similar position as BHX does to London. Golf is a fast growing sport among the moneyed classes in China, and Scotland is a world mecca for the sport, so EDI has a lot going for it.