PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers v Loadies (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2003, 18:24
TAC Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Echo 5

Yes I really was a mover and no my SAMO did not give me a glowing report. I left the trade with a selection of knifes in my back for daring to improve my lot. I really did enjoy being a mover and still have many friends in the trade. Even after my farewell presents. Still have never had to buy a knife since.
No I did not find 95% of the training easy as I was never instructed on Electrics, Hydraulics, MET, Combat survival, and a host of other fields and lets not forget catering at RAFMS. Yes my mover background did and still helps me. But the point I suppose I am badly trying to but across is that being a mover does not help all that much through ALM training.
There are some very good movers out there who will go to hell and back to get the job done properly. Unfortunately there are those who don’t give a dam and when it all goes wrong they blame every one but themselves. I always find this funny when a mover starts but BS me with things a ALM would not understand (ALP SACS FDCS) and then I inform them of my background and watch the panic sweep across their face.
Every one makes mistakes; lets just own up to them, learn from them and try not to repeat them.

All spelling mistakes are because I can’t spell