PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fake Secrecy
Thread: Fake Secrecy
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2017, 22:48
InnocentBystander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fake Secrecy

Update From Tom

Interesting insight from a former EGIT manager (who was pretty badly shafted a couple of years ago) into the current state of raw panic inside senior EK management. Also, contains a pretty solid assessment of the current state of affairs in FlightOps management:

There is also an additional and pressing, but more tactical, issue that needs addressing and that is the diminishing resources (both in terms of raw numbers and experience levels) on the flight deck. It appears that Emirates’ reputation in the industry is now a barrier to effective recruitment. This is in addition to the exodus of many long serving and very experienced crew members, so action is becoming urgent. Natural forces inevitably apply – bad companies lose their best staff and fail to attract comparable replacements. But the problem could easily be resolved by properly engaging with those who have not yet resigned, resolving their valid concerns and sending out a message to everyone that the company has got it wrong in the past and has learnt lessons. A simple message, but we all know how difficult the current management will find it difficult to write! ‘Resolving their valid concerns’ will cost money but, as I have said before, there is more than enough money wasted in the support areas that could be diverted.
Overall, very much on the point:

Regardless of how secure you feel, I think everyone should recognise that the Group is heading downhill pretty rapidly. Obviously, Emirates will survive but I am unsure how many of its loyal employees will. The company has done nothing to demonstrate it has the capability to put things right and I believe that, even if it did have the capability, it could now be too late. Looking at the outside world, it is very difficult to see anything but threats to Emirates on every horizon.
Read the whole thing, it is very much worth your time.