PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HMRC tax investigations into UK (FR / Bfield) pilots
Old 29th Mar 2017, 19:55
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMRC are currently investigating UK based pilots for unpaid tax
I don't think so, thats a general statement and complete scare mongering.
At least two former CX colleagues have been trying to sort their UK tax affairs out for the past 5 years with HMRC and basically all HMRC say is send us either proof of tax paid or we make an assessment and then deduct whatever via whichever DTA they have. The NAS guys working through agencies are on the surface clean, leaving a handful of guys that claim to be Directors of Companies providing services to XYX and claiming every pub meal and gallon of fuel, or the so called " self employed" within companies they registered which is also nonsense. Unless you give the HMRC cause to look, they can't be bothered:
https://www.theguardian.com/business...-by-super-rich
Bigger fish to fry!
There are a myriad of tax lawyers out there that will sort your affairs for the same price as the tax you owe... but you still owe the tax..Of course one must be careful regarding the " tax avoidance" schemes or " tax evasion" ..look up the differences.. and if one is stupid enough to rent their house out at one end of the country and claim " lodgings/hotac" at the other end, when they have really bought another bolt hole...well begs the question if they belong in uniform or a straight jacket..