PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - identification collars for c/b
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2017, 18:52
Tu.114

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I´m sorry if this question appears a bit thick, but does your QRH not say exactly which CB needs pulling or resetting if a procedure requires such a step?

On my type, there are some such abnormal procedures. The exact name of the CB and the general area on the panel where it can be found is clearly stated in each of those (the DH8D CB panels are generally organised according to the busses they are fed by). Exact coordinates are missing though, there may be aircraft in the fleet with slightly differing locations of individual CBs.

If needed, the relevant CB is looked up, its name as found beside it reconfirmed with the QRH in order to avoid misidentification, and then it is subjected to the actions required by the procedure. This method has worked quite well for many years already.

Cluttering the panel with different-coloured collars (maybe sorted by AMM chapters?) would in my opinion not help much due to the sheer amount of CBs that are referred to by individual procedures and on top of this might as well block the view on other CBs, making the inspection before each flight harder.