PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPRB
Thread: AFPRB
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2017, 18:33
Ascoteer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sketretal
Unfortunately, as with all previous FRIs, there has to be a cut off date. It's just plain bad luck for those on the wrong side of the OCU+7 / 1st April.

I agree with Leon and others that this is a pretty good deal overall which should hopefully drag more people through from end of Initial Training ROS to their EDP.
I agree, this deal will be good when it starts to kick-in in around 2 to 3 years time...in the meantime they've actively screwed over a bunch of guys who have lived through AFPS75 to AFPS15, the first flying pay cut, years deployed, forced redundancies and years of real time pay and allowance cuts. These are all experienced chaps (and chapesses) still far enough from newly stretched out pension points that leaving makes financial sense; it seems, from speaking to a few early to mid thirties pilots across the steams, that this decision will tip the balance in favour of them leaving. It's not a purely monetary decision either, it's a work to money ratio and when the former is going up and the latter going down, or going up for everyone else, no wonder people feel aggrieved.

I, frankly, think this is an absolute kick in the teeth. I would say I hope it comes back to bite them, but we all know that it will just result in our Sqn mates having more leave cancelled, working harder and having less notice to move.