PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers v Loadies (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2003, 17:08
Blakey875

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting comments since my last visit, both sensible and spiteful. ABIW thanks - up till your comment I thought Tac Queen was female! We all know that all movers would not make Loadies but please remember that some don't want to be, enjoy what they're doing and in spite of the minority of moaners get on with the job with what sometimes limited resources they have. On recent Ops were it not for their fraternising and horse trading with other nations to borrow their equipment nothing would roll.

I find it ironic that before the AQM branch was introduced in 1964 that you had to be a SNCO Mover or Supplier to carry out flying duties whereas post 1964 you are made a SNCO before you can prove you are fit for flying duties. I know most of the wind-ups amongst the ground trades is the Aircrew Instant Sgt where everyone else have had to slog and work for years to gain that same status. The Canadians have coped for years with Cpl Aircrew and even the Army Air Corps have Cpl Pilots....

Yes I agree that not all Movers are Angels but the same applies to the other half. I've got many examples but refuse to lower the tone any further as long as those standing on the left behave.

I was once asked "What's the difference between a Terrorist and a Loadmaster?" ......... "Well, you can negotiate with a Terrorist!"

Keep the good comments coming boys but please don't lower the tone.