PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cranes at Tooradin?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2017, 13:58
Skydiveandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a current member, I certainly was for a long time. I have no idea who the thread starter is.

Dozens if not more now experienced Airline and GA pilots (some now at retirement age) owe their career to Commandos. It was commando's that gave them their first gig at ~150 hours some with much less.

Originally Posted by Squawk7700
Great thread - I love the threads that people sign up fresh for so they can attempt to anonymously slag people off on You are referring to the COMMANDO'S SKYDIVING CLUB of which you are clearly a member or have an interest in.
Yes you are correct it is Commando Skydivers, 1 of only 2 actual clubs with over 50 years of history run by members for its members, unlike the tandem factories running throughout the rest of the country.

Everything they own, LOL ! A couple of dirty old Atco huts and some rusty shipping containers!
Ever stopped to think how much a single Tandem rig cost these days ?

At Latrobe Valley I hear.-
Correct

What about the buildings that are already there? Surely you don't need Atco huts to run some tandems?
Obviously misinformed, and your having a go at the guy that started the thread. You seem to live that way, drop into LV and say hi, meet the members and have a beer on Saturday night.

Worksafe quickly put a stop to that effort from what I heard.
Not sure what Worksafe have to do with having a hangar dismantled and moved but interested to see the outcome. Obviously providing its done safely.

I have many fond memories of flying in Tooradin, was there only a few months ago first time back in Oz in 4 years as part of my BFR or whatever you call it these days.

Good luck to the members of Commandos, well done to the board for finding a new home under the circumstances and best of luck to the new tenants your going to need it.

Andy