PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lap top and tablet ban
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2017, 09:25
OldLurker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ExXB
I doubt that 'storms at check-in' is going to be the real challenge. Anyone with a laptop or tablet is giung to be aware of the ban..
It will be a minor challenge to the check-in and security people. Some pax, aware or not, will turn up with their devices and argue with the staff. I suspect the most time will be wasted by parents whose kiddies must have their iPads or they'll go ape (the kiddies, not the iPads). Such kiddies will probably go ape at some point in the flight anyway - I dread being seated anywhere near that kind of family.

This applies in Economy as well as some, likely a lower percentage, want to be on-line all the time.
Yes, because many of us now have to fly economy instead of business. Whether or not we want to be on-line (connected to the internet) all the time, many of us do want to get some work done during the flight. Personally I don't do any of the affected countries at present, but if I did, I'd certainly fly via somewhere like Schiphol or CDG.

As far as I can make out, whatever the US said at first, the US ban now applies to all direct flights from certain countries (they list airports, but AFAIK those are the only ones with direct flights from those countries), while the UK ban applies to all direct flights from a different set of countries. Go figure, as they say.