PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPRB
Thread: AFPRB
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2017, 06:21
Aynayda Pizaqvick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by traginoben
First post so be gentle!!

I find this a particularly frustrating situation to find myself in. I qualify for the £70k by being at IPP in the stated timeframe. Im staying for the pension like many others, however I have declared an interest in potentially greener pastures but remaining in defence. On reading the eligibility criteria in the DIN it is going well for me, right up to the point of application where it states that you cannot 'transfer' if you accept the payment.
As this is a Tri-service retention payment recommended by the AFPRB how is it that an individual cannot remain in the military and broaden his/her experience by way of transfer and still benefit from the retention payment?

All sensible offerings received!!
I'm guessing it is because no other service or branch is offering a £70k FRI at IPP. That is a specifically targeted measure to retain a specific section of defence; if you are transferring somewhere else, then they aren't retaining your expertise within that area that needs it, so you don't get the money. Frustrating, but I get where they are coming from.