PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2003, 14:51
CrashDive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW ( Andy ), might I congratulate you on yet another of your very nicely put together replies - bravo !

Hulk.

W.r.t. 'Cash drive, what do you try to prove?.'

Nothing - I just don't care much for people bad mouthing my colleagues ( it’s called loyalty ), especially so when they do this without full or accurate knowledge of the facts.

Look, one of the reasons that PPRuNe is so successful is that it is a place where wannabes, etc, are able to obtain knowledgeable, honest and accurate information from people who actually / daily work within the aviation industry, i.e. from people who have themselves been through the system and understand how it works – people like Danny, John, Robin, Andy, et al ( and me ).

And whilst you might not like what we/I have to say ( i.e. don’t shoot the messenger ), we/I contribute in all honesty and as accurately as we/I know to be the truth – we/I have always done this, and will continue to do so.

W.r.t. 'we know you make money from some desperated pilots.'

Actually I don't - I get paid a salary just like the other 70 or so line pilots at Astraeus.

W.r.t. 'I have pity of a company like yours,'

Thanks - your pity is much appreciated.

W.r.t 'your asstrayous(this company name is so stupid for a UK airline)'

Your entitled to your opinion - and to be fair, we too had some debate about it, however it would seemingly be quite distinctive name and if you are looking for some Britishness about it, our aircraft predominantly have a 'G' as the first letter of registration, as well as having a Union Jack flag under the cockpit windows, and it is a company which ( unlike, say, Virgin Atlantic ) is wholly owned by UK interests.

Incidentally, Astraeus carried, just under ½ million passengers in it's first year, and is set to exceed that by a considerable margin this year – which, imho, is not too bad for an airline with 'stupid' name ( as you put it ).

W.r.t. 'we know each time a student join your ripp off school, you receive a nice check for every students you can enroll.’

Uhm, so just who is this ‘we’ that you are referring to ? And what makes you so sure that I receive a check (sic) ?
The real truth ( rather than the one in your mind ) is that you actually know nothing about me and, more to the point, what you say is wrong.

W.r.t. ’you pay is not enough,it is why you advertise for your company.'

( with a little chuckle ) Is anybodies pay ever enough ?

I would indeed be happy to recommend the type rating training course which Bond Aviation supply, as I happen to know that it is 1st class ( something which WWW also alludes to ) as exemplified by the number of people who’ve obtained employment since they completed it ( which kind of speaks for itself ).

In plain English – for those people, and airlines, that want to make use of the service, and that are able to afford it, it offers excellent training and value for money; Just as, say, with OATS and / or BAe and their training courses, you’re getting quality.

Question – did you begrudge it when your flight training school made money from you as you progressed through your flying training ?

W.r.t. 'we do not care if you have a JAA or FAA license and few hours on your Boeing, I am sure you can not even fly a cessna 152 in level flight without a FMC!'

LOL - I wouldn't be quite so sure but, as it's been a few years since I did any stick and rudder in a spam can, you might have a point !

W.r.t. 'please,go away with your scam, we do not need guys like you.'

Just because you don’t want to do it ( or can't afford to do it ) does not make it a 'scam'.

Nb. The the dictionary definition of scam is: ‘a trick or swindle; a fraud’ - which given that at the end of their type rating course the people who do it are the proud owners of a JAA stamp in the license which says that they are type rated to pilots licensed to fly ‘B737 300 thru 800’, and that they now stand a high probability of landing an airline pilots job ( whereas without it they wouldn’t have done ) and which is why the did it – it’s hardly a scam ( as you put it ).

Also, what Bond charge ( imho ), is actually slightly less money than the normal market rate, and for level and quality of training that’s on offer I’m surprised that it’s not a lot more expensive.

W.r.t. 'and you are a super moderator???(damn, they really pay you crap to become a moderator!!!! )'

ROFLOL - getting paid to moderate PPRuNe, you obviously don't know Capt.PPRuNe very well – he’s a man with long pockets and short arms. ( Sorry Danny, I couldn’t resist )

W.r.t ’SAD WORLD!!!’

It might be where you are, but I’m having a ball !

W.r.t. 'who is talking to win?'

Just putting my point of view, albeit with my usual forthrightness.

W.r.t. ’you have all the fact?'

Well I’ve quite obviously got more of them than does SirD.

W.r.t. ’well, you still do not have my money with all the BS you write about your SCAM!’

Dear oh dear, if I were you mate I’d go and take a chill pill and lie down in some shade.