PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2017, 00:07
msbbarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Having a pilot's view and control of a flight is very enjoyable, but the other things (eg entertainment systems, wine, food, massage,etc) all seem to be aimed at disguising the fact that for most people being in an aluminium tube for more than a few hours at 37,000 ft is actually a bit dull
But it's such a refined, extravagant way of being 'bored', that it has a kind of weird appeal all off its own. I'm willing to give it a go and be waited on hand and foot relentlessly for 18+hrs if anyone's prepared to fund me in return for a review...

Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Quite why a non spotter would fly from the US to Europe via the UAE is beyond me
I can't find the article now, but (from memory) the reasons given by the family were related to service standard and value for money, and disgruntlement with previous experiences of the low rent, race-to-the-bottom offerings from AA / UA. It wasn't the first time they flown to Europe with that routing either.

Unusual indeed, but the fact that it's happening at all ought to act a red warning flag for BA (it's probably too late for AA / UA).