PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPRB
Thread: AFPRB
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2017, 18:49
Aynayda Pizaqvick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VinRouge
Check annexe 2. I reckon you are in for around a 1000 quid increase in pay, as you will be transitioning to the next available pay point up from what was enhanced rate (which doesn't exist as of 1 April).
If my maths/logic is correct it is about half that: Enhanced this year = £46.04 a day which would be £46.50 with the 1% that is being applied to all other RRP from 1 Apr. Next week I will be on £47.95 a day so after tax I'll get an extra 87 pence a day. Save a few days up and I'll be able to buy a pint in the bar. Or a whole week and I might get a pint on the high street!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining too much as I think the package is still pretty good and I'm staying until pension either way, but it does serve to demonstrate the fact that the retention efforts are for the lump of people post RoS who still need a bit of encouragement to stick it out until their IPP; this won't retain everyone as some will want to leave no matter what, but I do think the changes at least actually make RRP something resembling retention pay (so maybe we just call it Retention Pay (RP) from now on?).