PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So WestJet almost puts one of their 737 in the water while landing at St-Maarten...
Old 28th Mar 2017, 17:38
Jet Jockey A4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Are you saying that TSB Safety Recommendations directed at Transport Canada are routinely ignored ?

Well, no I'm not saying that but I'm sure not all recommendations directed at TC from the TSB are implemented.

In this case (and I'm speculating here) because I don't have all the facts, it seems this crew was caught off guard by deteriorating weather and continued an approach below the minimum with the results we have seen.

So what can the TSB do about it? I suspect nothing. What can they write in a report that would change anything since rules are already in place to cover minimums?

I'm not even sure by the time the TSB got word of this incident that the DFDR was available to them with data from the incident.

It would be up to TC to say that the crew "busted minimums" and handout whatever penalties for such an infraction which would likely be a little slap on the wrist.

If TC is not going to get involved (which seems to be the case), then it would be up to the chief pilot of the company to take action, again I'm afraid it's just another slap on the wrist.