PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2017, 21:32
strikky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi team colour deficiency,

Unfortunately I'm joining your ranks as I've just completed my Initial Class 2 medical and had a "VCL" restriction slapped on me due to flopping on the Ishiharas. I was told at the time that this also restricts me to VMC only!! So with that, my dreams of one day flying (intentionally) above the clouds has been shattered.

However I've read that actually, I can still pursue a restricted instrument (day only) rating... hoping this is the case.

Does anyone have this? Instrument rating but night restricted due to colour deficiency?

Regardless, I've booked an appointment optimistically for the CAD test at Heathrow. Wish me luck.

If you fail the Ishihara test they'll put you in the situation I'm in - you'll need to then be certified as "Colour SAFE" by further examination. I had my Ishihara test done by a standard high-street opticians and failed it then. Subsequently my AME for the Class 2 then also retested me and got exactly the same result. So now I'm having a CAD test. I won't take no for an answer! - just like hitting my blue head on a green brick wall.