PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers v Loadies (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2003, 08:28
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 129 Likes on 94 Posts
Gosh ! What a revelation this thread has become. And there was I suffering from the delusion over the years as to the true role of the Loadie. You see, I had always assumed ( yes, I know "never assume-check" ) that, being at the leading edge of innovation, the Air Farce had simply developed the role of Loadie in those pre in flight vid. days as it's very own version of I.F.E. . I make a couple of exceptions here however. Notably the helo guys, who always seemed to be more down to earth, and a certain Texas ANG LoadMistress--aaaagh heaven on legs !!. As for the rest, well, there were some real "drama queens" ( both genders ! ) whom I came into contact with over the years as pax. Not sure which was / is the best example to give though. The hero who gave us a pious lecture about " MY cabin" ( wasn't aware he owned the four engined relic at the time ! ) and who, after about the sixth / seventh impact with the Oxfordshire earth--recyled his breakfast, dinner and tea----all over "HIS" Cabin
Or the star who felt that throwing the lunch boxes at the pax en route from Colt to RAFG on an Albert was "good fun"----and retreated upstairs for the rest of the flight when they were thrown back at him. Or the civilian version ( ex RAF note ) who flooded the E/E bay on a 737----cos he couldn't find the Very Large Stop Cock--in front of his eyes in the galley.! However, now that I have read these missives from various Loadies, I realise how wrong I am to make these assumtions about this special breed -----but not the hours of endless entertainment they provide