PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2017, 09:40
reivilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
Limiting the Marriage Act to one person is restricting the rights of all people who have the capacity to love more than one person at a time..
Wrong.

Bisexual persons can indeed fall in love with people from both sexes. However just like gay or straight people, falling in love usually occurs only to one other person at the same time. Therefore a bisexual person will normally be just in either a relationship with someone of the opposite or from the same sex, but not with both at the same time.
By the way, this is the most common misconception about bisexuals, so I dont blame you for being a bit ignorant about it.

And there we might have the argument against polygamous relationships. Marriage imho is a loving, voluntary, bonding of two persons. Because we as humans fall in love with only one other person at a time.
I'm not an expert in polygamy but for what I've seen of it, usually it's about one male having a relationship with, or maybe better; 'owning' multiple women. I've not yet seen any example of one female owning multiple males in polygamy. Therefore in my view it is a form of surpression of females and totally has nothing to do with love between two persons.
However, maybe I'm wrong and in the future I have to change my opinion about polygamy.

For now I just really don't see why this should hold back SSM?