PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So WestJet almost puts one of their 737 in the water while landing at St-Maarten...
Old 26th Mar 2017, 21:50
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No! No and More NO!!!

No! WestJet did NOT "Almost put one in the Water." The 'event' was a very ordinary Go Around, photographed from an unusual angle. No more and No Less. Please do not believe everything that some fools post on the internet. The more dramatic the story, the less likely it is to be true. Think first and perhaps believe later. We, of all populations, are expected to know better. (Hey... At least this one hit the wire. have lost two others today, including one cited in a PM that will now make no sense, even of it did before. Cannot recover, so there is nothing to edit. Not my day and perhaps I should go back to my book.) Thanks for your note, PJ2.
and... As others have noted as well, that is already a long and very low approach. If you've ever seen a few from ground level, they really do look horrible, especially as flown by VLA (Very Large Aircraft.) While possible, I'm not aware of any modern jet having taken a swim while on approach there, they just LOOK bad at times. Further, our colleague, Jet Jockey A4, can be a bit dramatic at times. It happens. NFZ

Last edited by No Fly Zone; 27th Mar 2017 at 01:14. Reason: Correct Typos, Add Comments