PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2017, 20:37
Cuillin Hills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snapper5
It's as if Monarch is an airline which is new in the industry crushing T&Cs for all involved ?
Exactly what the Mantegazza's and Greybull conspired to do their employees in August 2014.

Ask your Captain (who has been there for twenty+ years) about his DB pension and loss of all the increments he had earned due long service and loyalty.

They are taking a hit that is in the hundreds of thousands of pounds - just like the British Midland pensioners.

Greybull had an airline that had nearly 50 aircraft but were only interested in an airline with 32 aircraft.

There is a degree of paranoia displayed by a couple of posters on here that indicate that their fellow pilots, in other airlines, wish they would fail. Absolute nonsense.

I hope to god that Monarch survive - I genuinely do - but some of the comments on here are best described as delusional.

I left fairly recently and don't regret it. I have seen too many of my friends wake up in the morning and find that they have lost their job. I will do everything within my power to stop that happening to myself.

I still can't work out the logic of doing a switch from Airbus to Boeing at such a critical stage in the airline's recovery. Airbus are still scratching their heads.

Best of luck.