PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2017, 19:20
Crosswind Limits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JFP,

You have absolutely no idea what really happened! It never surprises me how some (emphasis on "some") of our colleagues from our competitors would rather we sank as an airline. How sad!

At the moment the company is in as good a financial position it has ever been and I am quite optimistic about the future. The company knows it has to expand and longhaul is a strong possibility sooner rather than later. Despite what some say, I am impressed with Greybull who come across as very business savvy. It is clear they want to grow the airline and our current CEO Andrew Swaffield is one of the very best in his field.

I joined in Spring last year and overall I am very happy. The vast majority of my colleagues are first class, both as pilots and people. I nearly always have a good day out! A pleasant place to work without doubt. Summers are extremely busy and winters much quieter.

Selection is fairly straightforward. Online testing followed by a selection day at Luton including a group exercise, a briefing exercise and interview. Be yourself they know what type of person they are looking for! Sim ride was straightforward and fairly similar to most other airlines. They are hot on decision making and situational awareness as an airline and if you display these qualities in the sim, you will pass no problem. Not looking for perfection, just improvement and above all operate safely!

Good luck.