PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-Precision Approaches. What does your airline recommend?
Old 27th Nov 2001, 20:32
downfourgreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Non-Precision Approaches. What does your airline recommend?

Well folks, one more crash and many fatalities during a non-precision approach and nobody knows when authorities will review that outdated procedure to set up a new safer standard in order to avoid future incidents and accidents during the 21st century .
Several airlines still recommend to fly exactly the approach chart profile view and its steps, ROD, etc. and everybody knows how hard and dangerous those techniques are for a low speed single engine airplane and I don’t need to tell you how demanding task is to align an MD-11 or any wide-body airplane just a few miles on final during a rainy and windy night at weather minimuns.
I know that some airlines have strict standard procedures for non-precision arrivals with many recommendation and rules to follow based on profile and constant-rate descents after FAF to the MDA or TCH, runway alignments, etc.
Can someone give me a feedback about those operation criteria, including training, wind and rate of descent limits, RNP, etc., beside the Jepp’s charts with a VNAV profile and VDPs?
Thank you fellows...
DN4GR

"While my guitar gently weeps..." G.Harrison

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: downfourgreen ]