PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2017, 09:49
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
It is no coincidence that the past 7 years the Air Cadets have been headed by scribblies. Prior to that the previous Commandants were aircrew over a similar period. Further I don't believe any of the ATC Regional Commandants have flying backgrounds either. I believe that these people form the Executive Board of the Air Cadets and so flying will probably not sit high on their priority list. The Gp Capts that run 2FTS and 6FTS will likely sit on the Board but thy are not Air Cadet main business (certainly not anymore) and so only get limited air time in meetings. Plus, don't forget that Comdt 2FTS works for HQAC and so is overseen by the scribbly 1-star; so the majority of the Board not understanding the intricacies of aviation they probably think everything is going according to plan!

So unless there is a change at the top, and the only known one is AOC 22 changing this summer, then I suspect we are unlikely to see any massive change of direction. I even heard that the head of 2FTS has been extended in post to see the job done.