PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has EK been the worst decision ever?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2017, 09:08
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's part of me that feels pity for some of you that don't have options for bailing out, the rest of you I'm afraid will have to accept that it doesn't and never will matter what you say or think. Your opinions based on every common sense metric are correct, but only in your reality, the alternative reality that exists in the rarified atmosphere on the higher floors in Al Gahoud is different to yours.
Funnily enough my current boss described the mentality rather well. On discussions with him (CEO of a multinational) about what's going on in aviation and EK in general, he viewed it as nothing more than a transactional relationship with no more thought given to individuals welfare than for example what colour tie to wear to the office etc. In simple terms you are more expensive labourers than most, but you are still labourers.
The layers between yourselves and the decision makers insulate the egos higher up and provide a convenient scapegoat for nationals in positions that they are niether qualified for or capable of fulfilling.
TICH is just another sociopath in a long line, all of whom will discard you faster than their navel lint if it meant more money in their back pocket.