PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could anyone help with a minor neighbour dilemma?
Old 26th Mar 2017, 03:30
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chickensniffer
No, it extends a further 5 acres as an open field but it's lower and unable to be seen by the camera.

No, I haven't contacted the company since the first contact 6 months back. I'm not going to as I don't want to create tension where none is justified.
Instead I am seeking input from precisely a generally anonymous internet forum who have knowledge of these sorts of things and could maybe offer their thoughts on the different flight patterns by the different helicopters. It will help me decide whether I'm reading too much into what's happening. If yes, I'll leave things be and just keep an eye out. If no, I'll consider contacting the company again. I won't apologise for that, I don't think I am doing the wrong thing by asking people here for their thoughts.
Two points: the extra 5 acres, are they used for horses or just the area shown in the foreground? If there are just a few horses down there under the trees, the pilots may not have noticed them.

Second, I'd strongly recommend contacting the company Chief Pilot and ask him around for a coffee and polite chat, preferably when he knows there will be helicopter movements into the landing site with the wind such that helicopters are approaching as shown in your photos and video. With other wind directions they would be coming in from another direction and not the issue that you are showing.

I've been there as a Chief Pilot and usually there is a simple fix: and I always took my neighbours for a ride to get both sides of the issue. You may get a flight, too