PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could anyone help with a minor neighbour dilemma?
Old 26th Mar 2017, 03:05
chickensniffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Eacott
There is no proof that it is 'the same pilot'. If it is a large business, as claimed by the OP, then it is almost certain that there would be a number of pilots who would fly whichever helicopter is allocated to them by the company for that flight. Multiple flights of the same helicopter on the one day could easily involve more than one pilot: let's stop the 'blame the pilot' line unless there is some incontrovertible proof.

cs, does your horse paddock finish at the tree line in your pictures? If so then the helicopters would appear to be well clear of your property and this could be much ado about nothing. The different approaches by different pilots in different helicopters, to (probably) different landing pads would not be unusual.
No, it extends a further 5 acres as an open field but it's lower and unable to be seen by the camera.

Have you invited the Chief Pilot over to have him watch the approaches? Have you talked to anyone at the helicopter business, rather than just an exchange of emails? That would undoubtedly be far more productive than discussions on a (generally) anonymous internet forum: you have my name and if you want to contact me for a direct Australian input then please feel free to do so.
No, I haven't contacted the company since the first contact 6 months back. I'm not going to as I don't want to create tension where none is justified.
Instead I am seeking input from precisely a generally anonymous internet forum who have knowledge of these sorts of things and could maybe offer their thoughts on the different flight patterns by the different helicopters. It will help me decide whether I'm reading too much into what's happening. If yes, I'll leave things be and just keep an eye out. If no, I'll consider contacting the company again. I won't apologise for that, I don't think I am doing the wrong thing by asking people here for their thoughts.