Old 26th Mar 2017, 00:04
BossEyed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here you go:

Originally Posted by UK CAA
Revalidation

To revalidate the rating you must complete the following:

[Content deleted for simplicity]
12 hours of flight time in single-engine (single-pilot) aeroplane within the 12 months preceding the rating’s expiry date, including the following:
6 hours as pilot-in-command (PIC)
12 take-offs and landings
a training flight of at least 1 hour (or a maximum of three totalling 1 hour) with the same flight instructor or class rating instructor.

[Content deleted for simplicity]
Above is for the SEP Rating, and the bold is mine.

Again, this is my bold in the equivalent CAA page for the LAPL (that you quoted in the OP):

Originally Posted by UK CAA
Keeping your licence current, and what to do if you don’t meet the requirements

The privileges of your licence will only remain valid if you have completed, in the last 24 months, as pilot of an aeroplane or TMG:

At least 12 hours flight time as PIC, including 12 take-offs and landings; and
Refresher training of at least 1 hour of total flight time with an instructor.
SEP Rating and LAPL are both EASA qualifications, and I suggest it is therefore logical to assume that the intent is the same in both statements, despite the frustratingly different wording. Otherwise, why would the LAPL statement include the word "total"? It would be redundant.

As ever, finding the actual document and paragraph is a pain, but the link above does reflect what I've seen before in [CAP804? Part-FCL? An IN? Several official places, anyway] and the links are to a CAA web page so hopefully meets your needs unless you've a demand for a formally supportable legal reference!