PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2017, 00:03
Logohu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What price for another SQ51 style transit flight...
Agree, but realistically who would be the candidates ? SQ's SIN-JFK has been going via FRA for years and is presumably well established and successful in that key Star hub. Otherwise they'd be using something smaller than an A380 on it.

Any of the ME3 could use a MAN transit flight to sidestep the Trump restriction on laptops, but at the cost of adding 2-3 hours journey time from their hub to JFK. Would their ME to JFK business pax wear a 2-3 longer journey just to be reunited with their laptops during the flight ? And do the ME3 have the traffic rights UK-USA anyway ?

TK or one of the other ME carriers ? But they are all subject to the UK ban on laptops as well as USA, so no real advantage for them adding a UK transit.

Perhaps TCX might be encouraged to offer a bit more JFK frequency in the winter months but I doubt would be anywhere near daily, which keeps them firmly in the "leisure" bracket.

Agree with Skip - perhaps an opportunity for Norwegian and their smaller capacity MAXs to take another look at MAN ?