PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has EK been the worst decision ever?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2017, 19:30
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don

We may have to disagree on a few points.

Firstly, I'm not sure what 'improvements' you envisaged during his tenure within FS but he was certainly more proactive and visible than the previous incumbent, TJ.

Secondly, as for others not accepting the role as DVSP, it was not offered to anyone else. He was personally asked to apply. His acceptance letter from STC was promptly dispatched the very next morning before he could 'decide'. HD is somewhat of a political animal for sure and I don't doubt for one minute that he'll put his own lucrative career and families future on the line for us. However, he does have the support from JA and MM and between them, they may have some influence on AAR. May! I agree though that he's been slow to effect change and also somewhat naive towards the current discontent amongst pilots and their reasons for leaving.

Finally, management at training meetings is now done by training managers. If you want to discuss issues other than training, go to the fleet forums. That's what they've been designed for. Personally, I don't bother. Did anything useful ever come out of those wash ups anyway?

As for your first paragraph, I agree entirely.

Harry

Last edited by harry the cod; 25th Mar 2017 at 19:55.