PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has EK been the worst decision ever?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2017, 08:50
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don

I'm normally in agreement with most of your posts but in fairness to HD, he's inherited a shambolic department left over from Mr Weasal's 10 years in power. I say 'in power' but the truth is nothing more than a powerful title he held as a filter to keep the EVP happy and the troops under control. A nice boost for an already generous BA pension while he slowly stuffed his fellow pilots. If his reputation in BA wasn't good, it certainly wasn't going to improve in a non unionised ME outfit, was it?

I'm in no way defending the current incumbent but there are signs of improvements, slowly I accept. But then again, you've been here long enough to how how the politics work here and change, for the workforce at least, is hardly sprightly. Charging into AAR office, all guns blazing demanding change to keep pilots from leaving isn't going to work. We all know that. Loss of face culturally, both within this organisation and at a National level should never be underestimated. HD is having to deal with the momentum of previous mis management and the fallout that created.

He and JA have a difficult job but I'd rather them at the helm than a few others I could think of. Just my personal thoughts anyway.

Harry