PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2017, 04:51
Lookleft

Received 198 Likes on 93 Posts
Once again BB your examples don't show the same level of commitment to the issue that SSM does for the QF executive.

In addition, from 2009, Qantas will have Qantas Cabin Crew make an Acknowledgement of Country announcement on all international flights landing in Australia on Sorry Day in February, during Reconciliation Week in May and during NAIDOC Week in July.
Why not domestic as well? It would be more relevant. SBS make acknowledgements to country every day,why not include it on the safety video.

Indigenous paint schemes go back to the nineties. I don't think it was primarily for the awareness of Indigenous issues but more about the promotion of Qantas and Australia. Not that dissimilar to the Retro Roo schemes. Not criticizing it, but pointing out it wasn't the result of any firmly held views of the executive of Indigenous rights.

The referendum was never held to change the Constitution. I don't see AJ continuing to push the issue for a referendum. Once again there is not the same level of commitment as the SSM issue. I don't see posters advocating for the inclusion of Indigenous rights at the terminals like I see with the SSM issue.