PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2017, 03:17
Beer Baron

Received 158 Likes on 51 Posts
I don't remember AJ championing Indigenous rights personally. I don't remember the Qantas logo prominent at the Sorry day marches. The referendum regarding Indigenous inclusion in the Constitution has never been held. If it is such a strongly held view by the Qantas executive why is not still being pursues . Personally I wouldn't even know what the Recognise logo looks like but I don't recall any aircraft having the Roo holding the Indigenous flag.
Well you may not remember it but Qantas has pushed for Indigenous reconciliation for many years and continues to do so. As far back as Dixon’s days Qantas were demonstrating their overt support for the issue:
In addition, from 2009, Qantas will have Qantas Cabin Crew make an Acknowledgement of Country announcement on all international flights landing in Australia on Sorry Day in February, during Reconciliation Week in May and during NAIDOC Week in July.

There is a current Reconciliation Action Plan 2015-18 on the website.
Qantas officially launched its Reconciliation Action Plan today, becoming only the third Australian major corporate to lodge a formal Indigenous Reconciliation Plan www.reconciliation.org.au/raphub/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/reconciliation-action-plan-2015-2018.pdf

And no, there is no “Roo holding the Indigenous flag” but there have been numerous jets painted with an Indigenous livery or name.

Was Allan Joyce, along with 19 other CEO's attempting to use their perceived power and influence to demand a change to the definition of "indigenous"?
No, but he was championing a change to the Australian Constitution! A far more important document.

So, significant input on socio-political issues including; painting planes, public statements, involving staff in making announcements and a stated goal of changing the constitution. But did I hear any complaints then?????