PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resources for RPL and PPL theory Aus
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2017, 01:26
pominaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resources for RPL and PPL theory Aus

Hi all,

I'm just starting out and completed my TIF this week. If was a lot of fun, and I'm pumped to get started, but really I can't afford it yet. I think it's going to take me about 12-18 months to save up enough to be able to take lessons at a rate of 1-2 hours per week. I've got a starter pack of 3 hours for this school that uses a light sports aircraft, and I've found another school that uses a C172 and will let me get a starter pack there even with a few hours in my log book, so this year I'll probably be flying a total of 7-10 hours and deciding which school to go with.

What I really want to get on is theory. I figure while I'm saving I may as well be studying so I can spend less on ground school and more on flying. I'm just getting a bit confused what books, etc I need. A lot of my searches are being confused by the 2014 changes, and the difference between RA-Aus and CASA certs. I asked at my TIF, but the instructor just tried to fob it off as "we take care of all that in the classroom" lol. Sorry I've just been googling all week, but I'm not getting much closer to understnading what I actually need to be studying for RPL and PPL.

Thanks all in advance