PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2017, 19:31
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by captplaystation
Disgusting behaviour in the name of "self promotion".
These 'free-lance aviation journalists' need to keep coming up with novel theories to promote their 'investigative' work.

Another recent example:

The passengers and crew of Malaysia Flight 370, which disappeared on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing three years ago today, were lulled into a blissful sleep leading to a “happy death” long before the airplane crashed into the sea. That’s the conclusion we must draw if the Boeing 777 was lost, as I speculate it was, due to the incapacitation of the pilots in a depressurization of the aircraft. After that, the plane flew on its last heading until running out of fuel somewhere in the South Indian Ocean. Flight MH370 was a ghost flight.

As I write in my book, The Crash Detectives, the airplane was flying at 35 thousand feet when a sudden and rapid loss of pressure occurred on the plane. For reasons discussed in the book, the captain was probably not on the flight deck at the time. At that altitude, the co-pilot has just seconds to act.

Trembling of the extremities is one of the first symptoms of sudden onset of hypoxia. So when the first officer reached to the airplane’s transponder, intending to tune the frequency to the emergency code [sic], those spasms in his arms led him to inadvertently turn the dial to standby. He is not aware but he has severed the only means air traffic control has to identify the blips on their screens as the plane flying as MH 370.

Now, as his condition deteriorates even further, the pilot puts on his emergency mask and turns the airplane back towards Kuala Lumpur. Here he encounters the 2nd failure; the mask is not providing him with 100% oxygen under pressure so he is not regaining his mental acuity. He is suffering from insidious hypoxia. Revived enough to make decisions, addled enough to not realize he is doing the wrong things he never begins a descent to an altitude where the occupants of the airplane can survive without supplemental oxygen.
Malaysia Flight 370 Victims Likely Experienced "Happy Death"