PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fake management at JQHQ
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2017, 11:02
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
Fatiguing rosters are not just a problem in Jetstar, but if other threads on PPRuNe are looked at, its a world wide problem so I suppose the world wide pilot community should "grow a pair".
After 23 years in the industry, mostly in NZ and Australia, I think ' the world wide pilot community growing a pair' is potentially on the cards.
I think that 99.9% of the folk regulating and running the industry literally don't understand that current practices are shortening the lives of modern day Airline pilots and the pilots can feel it and their wives / husbands are sick of them being grumpy sick w@nkers.
There are some Airlines like Air NZ and Qantas where pilots can have a nice lifestyle but the majority of Airline pilots are knackered.
The FlyDubai crash could happen in this part of the world. After hearing about the CNS-PER return BOC I'm surprised it hasn't already. We are running on luck. A confusing instrumentation failure at the end of one of these duties could likely end badly.
I can see a time not too far away where the unions are pressured by their members to join together and put an end to the rostering practices regardless of what the regulator says.
Even if we just adopted the national truck drivers legislation around fatigue many of these shifts would disappear.
The other issue is driving home after the shift. I know of cabin crew who have lost their lives. We have to be mindful of that too.