PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS DEGs
Thread: NATS DEGs
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2003, 00:33
Eddie_Crane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Minesapint,
thanks for your views. I personally do not know much about whats involved in working for NATS under the DEG scheme.
I have done some work on software systems for ATC, but only to practice software engineering skills on academic background. No real world experience.

Of course there are arrogant knobs who think their the only "smart" ones around or the cream of the crop, whatever.
In fact I'm pretty sure NATS has graduates all over the place not just in DEGs but also as ATCOs etc etc (your point I believe).
And IMHO being a graduate does not make one a greater potential than the next lad. Some of the finest ATCOs and pilots and people in aviation do not even have a degree, so much for the brilliant graduate.

I'd just like to put to use what I've learnt in my good 4 years at Uni. And I figured it'd be very nice to do it in aviation as it is my greatest interest after all.
Now, I'm just keepin my fingers crossed and hoping NATS contact me for assessment soon, hope to get through that and start on 22 Sept.

[edited a few typos ]

Last edited by Eddie_Crane; 24th Aug 2003 at 00:47.