PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has EK been the worst decision ever?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2017, 10:12
adel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So many posts here focus on popping up the pilot numbers as the solution to many of our ek issues.
Not that I disagree to an extent however the question is
when has ek ever been flush with pilots?
Even when the attrition rate was low, we still didn't have enough pilots.
Maybe my view is too simplistic....
The core problem is it's inate attitude towards the pilot fraternity.
The old broken record that by hiring more pilots will solve our rostering/ life style issues is flawed.
Management gods won't allow us to be rostered 70 odd hrs because it would then be perceived as being unproductive.
They want more pilots to allow them to expand and crew aircraft that have been ordered many years ago.
There is always a lag.
Their cost neutral attitude will always delay any forsight or the will to improve our life style NOW!
They want more pilots to maintain 90 hrs plus rosters not alleviate our already beaten bodies.
If they really wanted to improve our time at ek,
they may not be able to implement a better roster system in the short term but they could easily wipe out all internal restriction immediately.

At least give us a chance to improve our rosters without being impeded by rules that only aleniate us and frustrate us further,
Remove all day off restrictions, I'm not talking about only when bidding but overall.... let me swap and extend my days off....
It's a quick remedy to ease the lack of successful leave being allocated.
Anyway my 2 fills