PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAGRS now established at BNK
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2017, 09:22
Traffic_Is_Er_Was

Location: QLD - where drivers are yet to realise that the left lane goes to their destination too.
Received 182 Likes on 75 Posts
But I note that the Fernadina Beach unicom was not run by any of the firies, groundstaff, maintenance orgs, FBO's, or training schools ie, anyone actually working at the airport. It was basically a hobby for a guy with nothing else to do it seems. Good luck to him. However, as has been said a thousand times, there is nothing stopping anyone from providing a unicom now in Australia, especially if you have the requisite Met qualifications. Surely they have not said, "well if I can't pass traffic, I'm not going to do it!" Where are the hundreds of Unicoms all waiting to take your call and order your fuel, hotel and taxi? I would have thought all the other worthwhile duties of a unicom would still make it viable....er.......hang on......

Of course Unicom is no cost. It is always going to be no cost to the end user. But not on the other end. And it seems that even the supposed pittance isn't seen as worth it by those that actually do the paying.