PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilots - Not working on half of Friday and Saturday
Old 24th Mar 2017, 03:53
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same as safelife i heard a rumour that El Al complies with that restriction. Apart from that it is not possible in the airline world. Airline flying is a 24/7 thing and pilots have to be able to work (according to rules and regulations of course) all of those times.

Yes, airlines usually allow bidding or other influences on your schedule, however a regular thing like that would not be possible in any airline i know. Especially on joining with a low seniority where most bids do not go through in the first case. Part time might be different, but even then i doubt that a part time scheme covering the same days each week exists, even in part time friendly germany (where part time is the right of every employee).

Other religions sometimes have issues with that as well, for example our muslim colleagues had to be told that they can observe ramadan, however only if it does not influence their performance. Of course they have the caveat that travelling has an excemption in the rules for ramandan anyway and most are not deeply religious to begin with.