PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fake management at JQHQ
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2017, 03:09
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
The other issue with calling fatigued is that you can't call in an anticipation of fatigue. I am at a level I would call fatigued at the time I am in the flight deck on the return leg. I submit OSCARS stating that every time I do a BOC. When I sign on for the duty I am FFD. When I take controlled rest on the flight deck I have mitigated the effects of fatigue. That the rosters should not be planned in the first place is the responsibility of the company and the regulator. To simply state that Jetstar pilots should "grow a pair" is very easy for IsDon to state from the flight deck of a widebody working for a legacy carrier. It also ignores the industrial system in which we work where concerted action to call in fatigue and cancel flights on a regular basis could be interpreted as unprotected industrial action. Collectively Jetstar pilots have rejected the Jetstar Group contract, voted down a pathetic EBA and through the system of OSCARs seen the worst BOC removed. Fatiguing rosters are not just a problem in Jetstar, but if other threads on Pprune are looked at, its a world wide problem so I suppose the world wide pilot community should "grow a pair".