PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fake management at JQHQ
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2017, 02:58
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neville_nobody
The assumption that isDon is making is that the system works as it should. In that you can make a big call and cancel a flight and the union, company procedures, and the regulator etc will back you up. Companies and the regulator are interested in nothing else other than covering their arse. Don't forget too the whole fatigue issue was dealt with last time by the imfamous 'toughen up princesses' response.

It is up to the Regulator to regulate, and from what I have seen they do not have the guts to take it on.
Well Nev, if you can't beat em, join em.

If the regulator and the company are all about arse covering then better get with the program and do some of that as well, lest you be the scapegoat in a mishap.

The only way to do that is to say no.

I know GS well from the 767. Not a fan. What I do know for absolute certainty is that she has absolutely no tendency to stick her neck out if she might wear any risk, legally or otherwise.

If a hypothetical pilot were to call fatigued and cancel a service as a result, do you really think she would put her head in a regulatory noose by taking punitive action against that pilot? Not a chance. If she knew what's good for her she'd support said pilot to the hilt. She really has no choice.

If you make an honest call on fatigue you are legally, morally and ethically bullet proof. To fly fatigued you're on your own.

Last edited by IsDon; 24th Mar 2017 at 03:10.