PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2017, 02:14
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by theheadmaster
Well, you could start with the prejudice displayed by yourself and others on this thread.
So let me understand this correctly. Qantas embarks on a political campaign the likes of which it's never previously done and you justify that on the basis of comments I make on this thread in response to the campgaign?

Then you label my comments 'prejudice'? I'll wear that title if you're happy to also admit that many comments on this thread (and in the media, and by Alan Joyce) are also prejudiced against those who disagree with SSM. The principle cuts both ways.

Alan Joyce can comment on whatever he likes. I don't give two hoots. However his comments aren't made by Alan Joyce, Northern Beaches. They've been championed as the official position of the company I work for and am a shareholder of. The airline of which I'm an employee of has engaged in a political issue that in my opinion it has no place engaging in. We agree to disagree on whether this is appropriate.

Still, part of me is actually quietly pleased with the direction this is taking. It's given plenty of pro traditional marriage proponents the opportunity to put forward our point of view. It's also shown me that there is much more support for the traditional marriage stand point than I previously thought.